Pre Surgical Conditions
· Hip Replacement In patients undergoing this surgery, significant improvements (small to moderate effect sizes) have been observed in pain, function, and length of stay with exercise interventions preoperatively.
· Knee Replacement Combined exercise and education often help to increase the strength and prove successful for patients who are undergoing knee replacement surgery
· Cardiac Surgery A Cochrane review in 2012 found that evidence from small trials suggests that preoperative physical therapy, with an exercise component, for elective cardiac surgery patients reduces postoperative pulmonary complications and length of hospital stay.
· Abdominal Surgery Studies suggest that ‘pre-rehabilitation' consisting of inspiratory muscle training, aerobic exercise, and/or resistance training can decrease postoperative complications after intra-abdominal operations.
· Other A systematic review in 2010 found that preoperative exercise therapy is effective for reducing both postoperative complication rates and length of hospital stay after cardiac or abdominal surgery.
· Colorectal Surgery A study on patients undergoing colorectal surgery found benefits from exercise programmes pre-operatively: improved physical function, peak exercise capacity, mental health and self-perceived health
· Shoulder. Shoulder Reconstruction, Shoulder Stabilization, Rotator Cuff repair, Acromioplasty, Manipulation, Capsulotomy, Fracture
· Elbow Tennis Elbow Release, Golfers Elbow Release, Fracture
· Wrist & Hand :Carpal Tunnel Release, Fracture, Tendon Repairs
· Hip. Hip Replacements/Resurfacing, Hip labral repairs, Hip Arthroscopy, Fracture
· Knee. Knee Replacements, ACL and Ligament Reconstruction, Arthroscopy, Meniscal Repairs, Chondroplasty, Lateral Release, Patella Tendon Transfer, Fracture
· Calf Achilles Tendon Repairs, Fasciotomy
· Ankle and Foot Ankle Reconstruction, Ligament Repairs, Arthroscopy, Fracture, Spur Removal, Bunionectomy
· Spine (Neck & Back) Discectomy, Micro-discectomy, Laminectomy, Spinal Fusion/Stabilization