Medical management: Patients with severe or disabling pain may be helped with surgery. When myelopathy is caused by factors of a progressive nature, such as spinal cord tumors, surgical treatment is recommended.
The principal aim of surgery for cervical myelopathy is decompression of the spinal cord. Surgical techniques include multi-level discectomies or corpectomies with or without instrumented fusion, laminectomy with or without instrumented fusion or laminoplasty.
Physical therapy management: The goals of physiotherapy great are:
· pain relief
· to improve function
· to prevent neurological deterioration
· to reverse or improve neurological deficits.
Physical therapies imclude.:
· Cervical traction and manipulation of thoracic spine.
· Cervical stabilization exercises
· Dynamic upper and lower limb exercises
· Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
· Mobility and proprioceptive exercises
· Core stability exercise.
· Aerobic exercises
· Balance training
· Improve posture.