· Melt the wax in the paraffin wax bath. Do not immerse your hands or feet into the wax at this time.
· Once melted at the right temperature according to the thermostat, allow the wax to cool a little.
· Wash your hands or feet thoroughly before using the wax.
· Test a small area on the inside of your wrist to make sure the temperature is suitable for you before you fully immerse your hands or feet.
· Dip your hands or feet into the wax and then completely remove them. Allow the wax to begin solidifying. Rapidly re-dip for another few seconds and remove again. Separate the fingers or toes before dipping to allow the wax to coat all around them.
· Repeat the process until you have built up to four or five layers. Then rapidly wrap the hand with one of the following: a. Plastic liner b. Foil c. Greaseproof paper d. Roasting bag. When they are in place put your hand or foot inside the mitten or you can use an old towel and wrap it around your hand or foot.
· Leave the mitten or the towel for approximately 20-30 minutes.
· Peel off the wax and make it into a ball, exercising the fingers by gripping and un-gripping the wax before returning it to the pan for future use.
· Moisturizes your hands/feet using emollients or moisturizers.
· Continue to exercise the joints for at least ten minutes after the procedure.
· Make sure the wax temperature is not more than 51-degree centigrade when you start your treatment