Vertigo is a common problem that affects a large number of people every year. And although it isn’t a life-threatening issue, it can affect the quality of life. Vertigo attacks leave a person feeling a sense of spinning or whirling. Simple movement of the head and body just make the symptoms worse.
Symptoms of Vertigo
Vertigo is often activated by moving your head. People with vertigo typically describe it as feeling like they are:
- Pulled to one direction
Other symptoms that may accompany vertigo include:
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements
- Feeling nauseated
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss
How Physiotherapy helps Vertigo Patients:
A professional physiotherapist can be very helpful to deal with Vertigo and issues associated with it. The main advantages of physical therapy for the treatment of Vertigo are as follows:
- A physiotherapist will first assess your problem and see how mild or severe your case of vertigo is. This is the first step, and it lays the foundation for the rest of your treatment plan. Simply adopting one of the maneuver techniques yourself can do you more harm than good, and so a visit to the physical therapist can help you get your treatment running the right way, and keep it on course.
- Once the symptoms have been evaluated, the physiotherapist will suggest the exercises and treatment that can reduce the intensity of the vertigo attacks, or in some cases, eliminate them entirely. Physiotherapist may set an exercise routine to follow depending upon the individual needs.
- Regular checks will be done to evaluate if there is any reduction in the symptoms of vertigo. Regular evaluation helps the progress, and can also help to determine the effectiveness of the exercises that your therapist has advised to do. Depending on the results, you may be advised to continue, change, or stop your exercise routine.
For Physiotherapy Treatment of Vertigo, Consult Our Experts or book homoe visit for Physiotherapy @ CB Physiotherapy : www.cbphysiotherapy.in