Physiotherapy is medical treatment for the problems of joints, muscles or nerves by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, exercise rather than by drugs or surgery. Different methods such as interferential therapy, ultrasonic, short wave diathermy, wax therapy, and muscle strengthening exercises are performed by physiotherapists to reduce the pain or to regain the mobility. physiotherapy has evolved as a very useful treatment to cure many diseases, pain and other health related issues since very long. Proper physiotherapy can help a patient to recover without taking medicines or undergoing some painful surgery.
Different types of physiotherapy Techniques
- Joint mobilization (gentle gliding) techniques
- Joint manipulation
- Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilization (PIM).
- Minimal Energy Techniques (METs),
- Muscle stretching
- Massage and soft tissue techniques
- Physiotherapy Taping
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Physiotherapy Exercises
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Sports Physiotherapy
In India Physiotherapy treatment has traditionally been used for rehabilitation of patients from Stroke, Surgery and spine related issues. With positive results, more people are now opting for non-surgical / drug free treatment of multiple health issues. Although demand for Physiotherapy in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta , Chennai and other major cities is much higher, but in rest of the country as well there is huge scope for physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy at home / Home care physiotherapy
Physiotherapy at home service may be an option even though people don’t know about it. Home physiotherapy occurs when a physiotherapist come to your home to render the rehabilitation services. This may include manual therapy or equipments like IFT, Ultrasound may be used as well. The portable equipments are carried by physiotherapist to provide treatment as per the patient’s requirement.
Most of the people think that Home physiotherapy is only for those individuals who cannot get out of bed. The actual reality is that home physiotherapy can help people in different situations such as those who are:
- Having acute or severe condition and leaving home could cause their health to worsen
- The functional mobility of the patient is limited and cannot travel to see a physiotherapist.
- Lack of transportation or access to transportation.
- Suffering from Vertigo.
- Aged Patient.
Though, a person who simply desires a private physiotherapy session can also avail the facility of home physiotherapy.
Home Physiotherapy is mostly delivered through local nearby Physiotherapists / Physiotherapy Clinics. In recent times some companies have had significant success in ensuring quality service for physiotherapy at home service, but these are currently limited to providing physiotherapy in big cities ( Bangalore , Mumbai, Delhi , Chennai etc. )
How Home physiotherapy helps:
- A physiotherapist will visit your home for the treatment thus you don’t have to leave your comfort zone.
- Home physiotherapy helps you to recover in Comfortable and Familiar Surroundings.
- For regular physiotherapy requirements it is advisable to choose a physiotherapist near your location ( Search physiotherapist near me in google to get the list)
- If you are advised by your Doctor to avoid travel then home physiotherapy is the best option for you.
- A physiotherapist can teach some normal exercises to one of your family members so that they can also help you to do certain exercises.
For Physiotherapy Treatment , Consult Our Experts or book Appointment @ CBPhysiotherapy: www.cbphysiotherapy.in